Setting up the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router using linksyssmartwifi.com as a smart setup wizard
Now anyone can set up and install their Linksys smart Wi-Fi by using the smart setup wizard linksyssmartwifi.com. You just need to type this setup wizard at the address bar of the web browser. The web browser that you are using must be compatible and up to the latest version. Sometimes the smart setup wizard has been embedded in the firmware of the router. The above mentioned smart wizard can be used for all the Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers. For the setup and installation, the users do not require an installation CD or additional software to set up the router. The users can directly access the web-based setup page of the router. This only required the documents of your router.
Required items for the setup process of Linksys WRT1900ACS
- Linksys WRT1900ACS Smart Wi-Fi Router
- two internet / Ethernet (RJ-45) cables
- A Wi-Fi computer or a computer along with an Ethernet port
- And you must have an active internet connection to access the network.
Initialize the process with the down listed steps
- Connect the provided external antennas to the router’s top panel, and then plug the router with the power outlet of the home.
- If there is a power switch over your router, then make sure to press it.
- Wait until the LED light starts blinking to solid.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to join your modem to the router’s yellow port called the internet port.
- Now you can connect to your secured Wi-Fi. On the quick start guide, you can locate these
- Credentials at the bottom of the router.
- During this procedure, you must have a good connection. If it is not then try to bring the router and the computer closer to each other.
- If we are having a wired connection then we do not need to make this setup.
- Open a web browser from your mobile and then type “www.linksyssmartwifi.com” just inside the address bar and click enter to continue.
- If you are unable to continue with this web setup wizard then you need to enter 192.168.1.1 or type myrouter.local in the browser’s Address bar.
- Click the checkbox to confirm yes, that you have agreed with the terms and conditions of the software. Now, click next to continue.
NOTES: If you want to have manually setup to your router then you can bypass the smart setup wizard and can go for manual configuration. On Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers, you will get this option. If you are unable to see the web page through the smart setup wizard, then press the reset button given at the back of the router for at least 10 to 15 seconds. After turning off the router turn it back to on. Wait for some while and start with the very first step mentioned above. If you are facing the issue of no internet connection then you should try to check the internet connection from the router to the computer.
- In the window of your router, there will be an option for your router to update. If you want to get the update in future automatically, then there you would find an option asking to click at auto-update option.
- If you don’t want to get the update automatically, then uncheck the box for auto-update and step up to next step.
- Enter the desired Wi-Fi name and the password in the locus where it is asking to fill these details. Click NEXT.
- Here you will find Unlike the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Name, the 5 GHz Wi-Fi Name will be appended with the _5GHz suffix. But you can also put a single and similar name to both the bands.
- Now you have to connect to the new Wi-Fi name for both the bands of the networks, then come back to setups and click next.
- Enter the password for the router in the field where you see the option “Create a router password” and again click next.
- If you are awarded the message telling you that your router has now been set up and configured successfully. The new Wi-Fi password and the password for the admin will be awarded to you on your screen.
- For the future setup, you can note down the new settings on the quick start guide.
Now for the last time, you have to click next and you will be redirected to the page where you can create your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account page through Install Linksys App or the setup wizard www.linksyssmartwifi.com